Chai is not your typical tea. And Mrs. Patel’s caffeine-free lactation chai definitely isn’t your typical herbal tea. You may be used to weak tea that comes in little tea bags which you steep for 3 minutes, and if you are feeling particularly adventurous adding a few drops of honey. If that’s how you enjoy your tea, great.
But if you are looking for something more aromatic, hearty, robust and delicious - then say hello to Mrs. Patel’s Chai Spice Milk Water Tea. Typical grocery store lactation tea bags are like the folks watching the game at home on the couch. While our brew bags are like the athletes playing in the all-star game. It’s a whole other level.
However, there are some tricks to brew the perfect cup of chai. For example, chai is not meant to be drunk black. If you drink it black - without adding any milk or creamer (cow or dairy-free) - it will taste bitter and too strong. While coffee can be had either black or with additions, chai always has milk additions.
Here are two simple ways to quickly prepare the perfect cup of lactation chai just like a pro.
Lactation Chai - Brew Bags
- 1 Mrs. Patel’s Chai Spice Milk Water Tea Brew Bag
- 6oz Boiling Water
- 2oz Milk or Cream (of your choice; vegan or not vegan) OR 1oz of Flavored Creamer to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Sweetener (if you are using flavored, sweetened creamer, you won’t need to add any sweetener)
- Place Chai Spice brew bag in large mug
- Add boiling water
- Steep for 5-7 minutes
- Remove brew bag (you can save the bag to make up to 2 more cups!)
- Stir in milk/cream/creamer
- Stir in sweetener to taste
Lactation Chai - Loose Tea
- ¼ scoop Mrs. Patel’s Chai Spice Milk Water Tea - loose tea
- 4oz Water
- 4oz Milk or Cream (of your choice; vegan or not vegan)
- 1-2 teaspoons Sweetener
- Place 4oz of water in a saucepan (you can just estimate using a mug and filling it up to what seems halfway)
- Add ¼ cup of Chai Spice loose tea (don’t use brew bags for this)
- Heat in saucepan over medium-high heat until the water starts boiling
- Add 4oz of Milk or Cream (you can just estimate using a mug and filling it up to what seems halfway)
- Stir in sweetener
- Heat until mixture heavily boils
- Turn off heat
- Place strainer over a mug and carefully pour chai into mug, using the strainer to strain out the leaves (you can save the tea leaves to make up to 2 more cups)